OU's proudest and most abundant resource is the intellectual talent in its world class professors and workforce-ready graduates. CEO offers a multi level approach on how to engage in the area of "knowledge transfer" that helps not only build the next generation of our partners, but enhance their current workforce.
The Next Generation
OU enrolls more than 30,000 students, has more than 2,400 full-time faculty members, and has 20 colleges offering 158 major at the baccalaureate level, 167 majors at the master's level, 81 majors at the doctoral levels, 26 majors at the doctoral professional level, and 24 graduate certificates.
OU Career Services is a one stop shop for all things recruiting. Our full service staff have the resources in place to meet all your recruiting needs. With top, award-winning students eager to enter the workforce, you will find a strong work ethic that makes a positive difference in the projects and goals of your company. Let us do the work for you so you can "hire sooner."
The University of Oklahoma offers several options for recruiting OU students:
OU will publicize the position you have available and collect resumes of interested students. You will have the opportunity to review all of the resumes and make your selections. The students will receive notification that they have been selected for an interview and will sign up for a time on the interview schedule. You will interview the candidates in the Career Services office.
OU Online Resume Books
Resumes of OU Students and alumni who have a current account with Career Services are available through our online program www.hiresooner.com.
Posting Jobs On HIRE SOONER
HIRESOONER contains a free online job board. You can self-register and select a password to access the system to post your own jobs.
Throughout the year, Career Services hosts or co-hosts numerous career fairs that attract a large number of freshman to graduate students. For selected career fairs, interviews may be scheduled for the following day. This is an excellent opportunity to meet students face to face and interview them the following day.
Building a Presence On Campus
To increase your organization's presence at the University of Oklahoma: attend career fairs, participate in mock interviews with students, speak to classes or student organizations, present a job search workshop, advertise in the student newspaper, and/or go to lunch with faculty or staff. Contact the OU Employer Services Team at (405) 325-1974 to find out more.
- OU ranks No. 1 in the nation among all public universities in the number of freshman National Merit Scholars enrolled, with 207 National Merit Scholars in this year's freshman class.
- OU has the academically highest ranked student body at a public university in Oklahoma history.
- This year, OU achieved the Carnegie Foundation's highest tier of research activity classification, the first time a public institution in Oklahoma has received this outstanding recognition.
- OU has been recognized as an outstanding university for Hispanic students by Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education magazine.
- The University of Oklahoma ranks in the top five in the nation in the number of undergraduate degrees conferred to Native American students, according to Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.
- The Princeton Review ranks OU among the best in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students.
- The Michael F. Price College is ranked as one of the nation's top business schools at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Price College ranks inU.S. News & World Report's top 20 in undergraduate business specialties for international business.
- OU's entrepreneurship program in the Price College of Business ranks in the top five in the nation among all public universities.
- OU won the "PetroBowl" Championship in petroleum engineering, making OU the only school to win the competition three times.
- An OU Debate Team from the Shannon Self Debate Program has won the national championship in debate four of the last six years. The winning team in the Cross Examination Debate Association's national championship was composed of OU students RJ Giglio and Chris Leonardi.
- The Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education is ranked among the top 10 percent of all graduate colleges of education by U.S. News & World Report.
- OU is one of a small number of Division I-A universities in the nation to receive the CHAMPS award for preparing student-athletes for life. The award is based on academic excellence, athletic excellence, personal development, community service and career development.
More than 2,000 courses and activities are offered to over 200,000 nontraditional learners on campus and in locations all over the world.
University Outreach offers corporate services through programs that provide customized training and services to public and private corporations, nonprofits, state and federal agencies, tribal affiliations, government entities, schools and individuals.
Outreach has teamed with leading corporations around the globe to develop and implement educational and training programs can be conducted on-site or on one of OU's three campuses.
University Outreach provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, credit courses, noncredit courses, workshops and conferences, certification programs, consultation and technical assistance, and executive and professional training provided under the auspices of many federal and state grants and contracts and other services to adult and part-time learners.